L&D Programme manager
UNLOQ is a fast-growing company specialized in ‘innovative people development’ with an emphasis on online coaching and development of people and organizations. We provide blended (online & offline) development solutions like coaching, training, and leadership programs. We have done this for over 10 years based on our own method and approach. We have written several books, built an inhouse coaching and analytics platform (UNLOQ Campus) for it and work with a global community of L&D professionals. Our innovative approach has led us to work with global clients (institutional and corporate) in over 137 countries and in more than 30 languages.
We believe in the network economy and work a lot with international professionals and strategic partners. To further stimulate our growth, we are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and hands-on professional, who is also a team player. Do you want to make a real significant difference on a global stage? Then come and strengthen our team!
The Learning & Development Programme manager is a pivot in the net. You will support our Humanitarian & Development sector L&D team in facilitating the delivery of coaching and training for thousands of people. You find joy and meaning in serving & supporting in a rapidly changing environment and your strength lies in planning, coordination, and straightforward. communication
Core tasks and key result areas
Supporting our clients and the L&D Consultants, Coaches and Trainers on diverse tasks for example:
- First point of contact with our global clients
- Coordinating, planning, staffing, monitoring, and evaluating coaching and training programmes
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting data in Excel files
- Creating and presenting reports in PowerPoint and Word
- Monitoring and reporting of financial accounting activities
- Liaise with participants and other stakeholders of coaching and training programmes
- Support our Consultants, Coaches and Trainers in a flexible and responsive way
- Driven, proactive, pragmatic, responsive, flexible, independent, accurate and fast
- Representative, friendly, and strong communicator, also in writing
- Customer centric, team player, result / task oriented, representative, and discrete
- Can think in creative and original ways and be resourceful
- Higher education or equivalent ability
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail, especially in texts and layout
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Quick understanding of different IT tools like Basecamp, Acuity, Slack etc.
What do we offer?
We offer you a challenging and dynamic job environment in a fun, passionate and international team, and company. This means a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities for a diverse group of international clients.
- Full-time or part-time (minimum 32 hours) and a competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours and working place.
- A fully equipped (home) workstation for remote working.
- Training budget for personal and professional development.
- Work for inspiring and meaningful clients who have a significant positive impact on our world.